Welcome back to a SDMB's Meet the Board, where we introduce our current board members and give them an opportunity to talk about what motivates them to volunteer their time with SDMB. Second up, acting board vice-president, Kirk Astroth!
1. How long have you been involved with SDMB?
2. What about SDMB’s mission and work really motivates you?
Two things really motivate me about SDMB’s mission: trail building and protection. I love the fact that we are working to actively expand trail networks in southern Arizona and that we have an advocacy mission.
3. What is one personal/professional asset you bring to SDMB?
I got involved in the board because I am passionate about protecting trails like Honeybee that are constantly under the threat of development and elimination. I enjoy working in the political realm. I also bring my passion for data collection to SDMB. I have been placing a bike counter on various trails for the past 4 years and conducting rider surveys in order to ensure that we have hard data to bring to public discussions about the importance of protecting trails.
4. What do you want to accomplish with SDMB moving forward?
5. What is your favorite trail to ride (local preferred, but anywhere works)?
Thanks Kirk! Be on the lookout for more bios coming soon!
© 2018 - Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists -
SDMB is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (Tax ID#27-4499320)
PO Box 65075, Tucson AZ 85718